League One & League Two Play-Offs Thread | Vital Football

League One & League Two Play-Offs Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Well, we might as well have a thread to discuss these matches, considering we're going to be playing three of the League One sides next season and one of the sides from League Two.

So, the first-leg fixtures are as follows:

Friday, 3rd May 2024:
Barnsley v Bolton Wanderers (19:30)

Saturday, 4th May 2024:
Oxford United v Peterborough United (19:45)

Monday, 6th May 2024:
Crawley Town v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00)

Monday, 6th May 2024:
Crewe Alexandra v Doncaster Rovers (17:30)

Well the way Barnsley have been playing this last few months this should be a walk in the park for Bolton but football is a funny old game lol

I'm conflicted really. I despise Bolton and Peterborough with a passion for different reasons, but on the basis that they are likely to keep chucking money at getting promoted regardless of whether they have it or not, on balance I would rather one of them goes up as I see Oxford and Barnsley as less of a threat next season.

It's going to be tough enough in L1 next year looking at the ups and downs and I won't cut my nose off in spite if 'a Bolton' goes up to clear the field a little more for us.

The scummy ***** can get relegated and go into administration again, next season.

The four contenders aren't in great form, hugely difficult to call but I think it'll be Bolton.

My own preferences are based solely on how easy it is for me to get to places to see the Imps play - so I'm hoping for Bolton to go up and Crewe to come up.

My own preferences are based solely on how easy it is for me to get to places to see the Imps play - so I'm hoping for Bolton to go up and Crewe to come up.

Agree on Crewe, but would prefer Boton to stay up based on geography

We always seem to get hammered at Bolton, can’t remember hardly ever having a shot on target never mind scoring a goal up there. Let them go up , spend a fortune on not surviving the Championshio so crash and burn again.

I'd say it's probably between Bolton and Posh, with Bolton edging it. Was thinking about getting ESPN+ to watch, but just not the same without the Imps involved.

Echo what everyone else has said, think and hope it'll be Bolton. they always seem to find a way against us.

Other three I'd fancy my chances against next season.

I am closely following League One this season!!

First leg - High scoring and then Bolton go through easily at home. If Barnsley turn around their form the temporary manager has the motivational powers of a genius.
Second game is so difficult to call which makes the first leg very cagey - Draw
I would expect Pish to win at home and confirm their place in the final. Both these clubs are hard to like.

Bolton to win at Wembley. Hard to like.

Barnsley are so lucky to be in the playoffs, totally bombed since we beat them.
Bolton probably started their decline getting that late draw there a few days before we walloped them

Just because I have a soft spot for them, I want Barnsley get promoted. I cannot stand the other three clubs.

Don't care who goes up as long as it's not Bolton, Posh or Oxford. Think Bolton are the strongest side though and will do it.

Barnsley are the only club in the play-offs that I like. The other three have terrible financial records - cheating, if you prefer - and are run by highly unlikeable people.

Peterborough and Oxford (and their supporters) have long-term delusions that they are Premier League clubs while Bolton used to be one but screwed up spectacularly (and screwed up a lot of other businesses at the same time).

Not much of a choice, is it?

EDIT: and now Barnsley are two down and already destined for another season in League One.